Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Review-Butter London Lady Muck

The other day Ulta was having a sale, "Buy one Butter London Polish and get another free". This is a good deal considering one polish retails for $14! I really like their packaging and colors, but this is my take on if one polish is really worth $14...


Pros- The colors are REALLY pretty. As you can see in the photos, the blue-ish gray I picked out is a gorgeous shade. This formula applied really nicely with two coats, but I have also read the formulas not being up to par. Also, if chemicals and what not is important to you, Butter London's polishes contain NO Formaldehyde, NO Toluene,  and NO DBP. Don't know what DBP is? Either did I, that's when my ever reliable Google came into play. *DBP, acts as a binder to improve the lasting power of nail lacquer. But it's also been linked to cancer in lab animals, and underdeveloped genitals and other long-term fertility problems in newborn boys.

Cons-The price, I have a hard enough time shelling out $8 for an Essie polish that purchasing a Butter London polish is not going to be at the top of my list. That being said, there is also more polish in an Essie (13.5 ml) and OPI (15 ml) bottle than Butter London (11 ml). Although I like the look of the packaging, I think the brush handle is too short. It does not feel natural to hold and it simply makes my hands feel too big to use it.

Overall-Not worth the price, go spend your money on two Essie or OPI polishes instead!


Has anyone else tried Butter London polishes? What are your thoughts?



base-Butter London Lady Muck

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE Lady Muck. I like Butter London because they come out with very unique colors such as this one, Wallis, and No More Waity Katie. I am someone who will shell out the extra $ if the polish is unique and there aren't great dupes out there. Most of the BL's I have are from sales though. I don't think I've spent $14 on one yet.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty color. I'd love to have some Butter London polishes but I feel the same way about price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that color. Butter polish is one that I have not broken down and gotten yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG This is a gorgeous color! I think I'm in love! :)

    ReplyDelete